Monday 17 August 2015

Badmanner Thymes Espresso - Parramatta, NSW

Another weekend, another opportunity for the Mrs to drag me to brunch...well, not so much drag anymore. I'll admit, I secretly do look forward to the opportunities I get to go and enjoy a quiet and quaint meal with the love of my life. She's been able to convince me that additional to the delicious food, I get the time to just slow down and just enjoy moments of tranquility between us. That, I believe, is the most precious part of brunching.

The Mrs decided to take me to a local favorite of hers (one which I've yet to come to). Located right opposite of another popular brunch destination, Paper Planes Cafe...Badmanner Thymes is the perfect place to come when you're looking for an alternative to their ever popular neighbour. I really don't see why this place isn't as packed (or more so) than Paper Planes as there's a huge and spacious dining area with ample seating and the food comes out so quickly....people are missing out.

We ordered some beverages to start off with: the usual coffee for the Mrs and a green tea latte for myself. The coffee was very good however, the green tea latte was a bit stronger in the matcha flavour than I'm usually accustomed to...still, I enjoyed it thoroughly as it made me really slow down and sip at it which meant that over time, I got to liking the drink a lot more.



Despite the other really delicious sounding items on the menu, I opted for the safe option of eggs benedict as I was feeling particularly breakfast-y that day. This was a great choice as the eggs were on point...perfectly poached eggs sitting on top of some smoked salmon, avocado (additional to the order) with some shallots and wilted spinach to accompany it all. They didn't cover the thing in hollandaise which meant you really got a well balanced breakfast.

As usual, the Mrs picked the better brunch dish as she had ordered the black forest with additional chorizo. If (more like when) I do go back for brunch, I will 100% order this next time...it is actually divine. The combination of ricotta cheese and mushrooms along with the eggs done sunny-side up (my favorite way) just made the whole package undeniably delicious. The addition of chorizo meant that if meat was important to you, you didn't miss out on it. The salty, spicy pork sausage just made you crave the other components more.


The more I visit Parramatta, the more excited I get about the prospect of becoming a permanent member of this community. I can say with confidence that one of the only things that matters to me (the abundance of food) is well and truly catered to here. The level of quality this establishment provides and the service we received made the whole experience unforgettable.



No comments:

Post a Comment