Monday 27 April 2015

Papparich - Parramatta

Time really does fly when you're having fun. For me, life is all about good food and even better company. In that respect, I couldn't have asked for a better partner. The Mrs may be tough cookie to please but I can't deny that she's made my life absolutely wonderful each and every second I spend with her. In light of our total 62 months that we've spent together, we decided to head out to Parramatta and enjoy a nice movie date.

Despite being pelted by rain and hail, we ventured out in hopes that we could score a good spot and enjoy a nice evening together. Fortunately, due to the extreme weather conditions, no one decided to go out! Not complaining as it meant easy parking and readily available seating at the Mrs favorite place: Papparich.

The Mrs LOVES Malaysian food, more than anything. As such, I've developed a theory that if reincarnation actually exists, our favorite foods must indicate to us what nationality we were before. In this case, the Mrs must have been Malaysian Chinese. She offered to pay for dinner so I decided to go a bit nuts and order everything I wanted.

First to come were our drinks, which we ordered as soon as we sat down. Nothing makes us happier than an iced teh tahrik and milo ice. The creamy, sweet beverages were much needed for the things to come.



Next came our kaya toast and eggs, now you may be a little wierded out by the fact that we're having a breakfast item for dinner but trust me, it works. The Mrs quickly got to cracking open the egg like a pro: a dash of pepper and soy sauce to taste, butter up the toast, lather on the kaya jam and there you have one of the most delicious things you can have. Almost over-indulgent in it's mix of flavors, the abundant butter and warm, silky egg yolk compliments the sweet kaya jam and makes it a delectable treat.




We also ordered my personal favorite: Char Kway Tiew. I'm almost ashamed that I discovered CKT so late in my life and although Papparich isn't nearly the best Sydney has to offer, they definitely do make it well. The huge portioning doesn't detriment it either.

The star of the night though has to be the roti. The Mrs will not share her roti, so being the smart cookie I am, I ordered an extra roti the moment we sat down. Even that may not have been enough for us as we devoured the crispy, doughy pancakes in mere seconds. It was such a shame that there was only so little curry chicken sauce...for me, that has to be the best thing to dip the crisp, buttery roti into.


After a delicious and satisfying dinner, we went back upstairs to the cinemas to watch The Avengers and then finished off the night with Gelato Messina. I really love how far Parramatta has come in terms of the amount of options it offers, lets hope that progress continues and the city flourishes in the years to come.

*Note: you may have noticed that we stopped doing the suggestions section, this is cause we felt as though we would only be able to give a relatively positive opinion on most places. If you, the reader decided to go visit one of the restaurants we recently visited, I'm positive you'd love it as much as we do. Let us know by leaving some comments if you'd like us to bring back the suggestions section.*






No comments:

Post a Comment