Monday 1 August 2016

Circa Espresso - Parramatta, NSW

It's actually quite sad...I've been feeling really lazy and lacking in motivation lately. I used to enjoy coming home after a nice lunch/dinner and writing all about it but lately, all momentum has been lost. Some more obvious reasons include (a) the launch of Overwatch and (b) the release of Pokemon GO (literally, all the Mrs and I have been doing is going for walks and catching Pokemon). The less obvious reason is that well...I just couldn't find enjoyment in it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still love eating and I still enjoy food but I think I've lost touch with my reason as to why I started doing this. I put too much emphasis on being a part of the food blogging community.

But yea, to reassure you all, I have been eating out (quite a bit if you follow my Instagram) and I have had a few good meals. One of the more memorable meals I've had was when the Mrs and I returned to where it all began: Circa Espresso. Looking back at my photos from when I first started posting on Instagram, it's been a while since I've returned to Circa. I'm not really entirely sure why either since I live so close now but, spured on by the desire to eat great brunch food but stay local, the Mrs and I decided to walk to Circa and check it out.

We had anticipated a long wait and were told it'd be 30 minutes to a table that day but fortunately, it was much less time than that! I had no idea they had seating right next door in the little house either...great location for when the weather is decent. I knew exactly what I was going to get as soon as I sat down and so did the Mrs so without further adieu, we flagged down one of the super helpful staff and placed our order for two Ottoman Eggs. The Mrs stuck with her usual coffee order but I decided to go with the cold brew which in retrospect was an absolutely brilliant decision. Fruity, mellow and sweet...the coffee I received was akin to a fine wine or smooth, aged whisky. In short, it was great.



Even more amazing was the Ottoman Eggs....oh man, so. moreish! Crumbed eggplant, creamy labneh, spicy, fragrant oil, crispy fried leeks and poached eggs. Eat that all with the crunchy, toasted bread and you will have an amazing time. Eating this really reminded me of exactly why I started doing all of this...having such an amazing meal that I want to get people hungry and tell the world about it.

So at the end of the day: it really doesn't matter too much about the community. I didn't really start this journey because I wanted to be liked by other people or because I wanted to be a part of the hype. I started this to tell the world about how amazing food is and how much joy it can bring to your life. Thank you to the guys at Circa Espresso for reminding me of that. 

1 comment:

  1. I demand these blogs have extra info regarding what pokemons you can catch in the vicinity and whether there's lures!!

    ReplyDelete