Sunday 26 October 2014

Cibo e Vino, Rouse Hill.


Upon checking my email inbox on Saturday morning, I came across an advertisement. Normally I would simply ignore it or send it to my spam folder, however, this particular email came from a restaurant I had rather fond memories of. The first time the Mrs and I dined at Cibo e Vino, they were still based in their old location in Castle Hill. I distinctly remember being mesmerised by the high quality of the food and the brilliant service I received. So, I decided to go back as they had recently relocated and were offering a discount for re-opening.

We arrived rather late - around 8pm and it was rather empty (though I suspect it has something to do with the fact that they just opened).

We ordered two pastas, a pizza and a side of the parmesan fries. (Mrs: #forevereating #fatlife) The fries were about the same as I remembered the first time I had them: herbaceous with a good amount of kick. The portion was a lot larger than I remember though which is a good thing.




Pastas were cooked al dente and the sauces were made quite well. Though I have to say I am disappointed they decided to lose the hand made pastas which I loved the first time.


The pizza was also pretty good with a good amount of smokiness lending to a pleasing texture and taste.

Would we return? Yes.

Recommendations? The anti-pasto pizza was the highlight of the evening.

Areas of improvement? The service was quite good but the sooner they get their alcohol license the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment